Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday Movement





At the risk of sounding overly optimistic, which is something I’m overly prone to, which often leads to being overly disappointed…I just wanted to let you know there’s been some movement with the Wednesday situation.

Nothing for certain, but the good news is the Mexican government has agreed to let Wednesday off with a warning, providing it leaves the country immediately.

Of course, it wouldn’t be Wednesday without some sort of a hiccup to work through.


Apparently the US border patrol had some issues with Wednesday, as well.

It seems he was carrying Saturdays passport and not his own, which is really dumb because everyone knows Saturday and Wednesday look nothing alike.

You know…except for the big ears.

Plus, I think Wednesday is sporting one of those cheesy goatee beards now…and a nose ring.

So from what I’ve been able to determine, they dragged his fat midweek butt into one of those Homeland Security border interrogation facilities.

Of course Wednesday, being Wednesday, starts in with the indignant, “You don’t know what kind of day you’re dealing with here,” speech, which you can imagine didn’t do him any favors.

Next thing you know this big guy walks in and says “So I can see it’s gonna be one of those days, huh?”

Then closes the door. 

Which doesn’t sound like much, at least to me, but apparently he used tone, which, Wednesday, really being Wednesday, immediately took to be threatening.

I don’t have a lot of details as to what actually went on behind that closed door but the next thing I know I’m getting a call from Wednesday saying he’s sorry for all the fuss he’s caused, and they’ll let him come home as long as he can prove he’s gainfully employed.

He said he wants to sit down with me without the agents and the lawyers; just the two of us mano y dia.

So now I’ve got some Seinfeld like “hand” in this little matter, which we’ll describe as upper…way upper there.

But I’m not a spiteful person who likes to hold a grudge. I believe in second chances.

So I’ve decided to think about it.

For a while….

Plus I have to see how all the other days feel about the whole situation.

And, as you know, getting any kind of consensus from the rest of the week is always tricky; you never know what they’re thinking from one day to the next.

It’s just a day to day kind of thing.



3 comments:

  1. I never told you before, but I want to say that I like your format. It's like Jack Benny, standing with his arms folded, and waiting for the audience to get it. Timing is everything, or so they say. Benny was confronted by a mugger who demanded, "Your money or your life." Looong hesitation. The mugger said again, "Your money or your life." ***** "I'm thinking," said Benny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it was either Henny Youngman or Rodney Dangerfield who said, “Here take her.” To which the mugger replies “Not your wife…your life…”

    Bada Boom.

    Thanks…that’s a nice compliment.
    I was a big fan of Benny and Hope growing up in the 60s. Mostly from their TV shows. I’m also a big Woody Allen fan, especially his early short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Woody Allen. His Midnight in Paris is a winner. Also love the long gone Jean Shepherd-- and Jonathan Schwartz on NY radio. This is one great world, even though Wednesday is in trouble He should have said " Do you know who I am?" That works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”