Monday, May 7, 2012

Still Alone







Z’s stills out of town but at least she’s answering her phone now.

Well…at least a guy named Esteban is answering her phone.

But he seems nice.

I guess he’s staying at Z’s sister’s house too.

He said he’d have her call me back when he got a chance.

I thought that was an odd thing to say but I let it go; folks in the Midwest talk differently than we do.

He said she was down at the spa getting a massage.

I thought that was odd too since I didn’t know Z’s sister had a spa in her house.

At least I think he said spa…it was hard to hear over the steel drums in the background.

I didn’t know Z’s sister had steel drums at her house either….

Maybe I should have come along after all…if I’d been invited.

Anyway, things have been pretty quiet and routine around here. I’ve pretty much stuck to my normal weekend routine. 

Except for the strippers.

I don’t usually have the strippers over….

….On Sunday.

Usually just Saturday.

But I don’t think I’ll be doing that again. 

I didn’t know they charged double on Sunday.

Plus they want dinner.

And they insisted on watching the Desperate Housewives finale.

So that was a mistake.

Maybe I called the wrong number.

As usual, I mowed the lawn on Saturday and apologized to my neighbor about his tulips.

Changed the sheets on the bed with my favorite Sponge Bob set that had been missing for quite a while now. For some reason they had fallen behind the furnace.

I found them when I was trying to put the top back on, which, now that I’ve done it, I’m not sure is supposed to come off in the first place.

But how else was I supposed to get the neighbor’s cat out of there.

Long story….

I also cleaned the bathroom.

I had to…you know…because of the cat.

Rinsed off the ibuprofen I spilled in the toilet.

Reorganized Z’s makeup drawer.

I don’t know how she’s able to find anything in there.

And Sunday was pretty much just more of the same boring stuff.


On Saturday night I was invited over to a friend's for a Cinco de Mayo party. 


We had pizza, which I thought was strange...we usually have ziti.


Of course when I got there everyone was disappointed that Z wasn't with me.


But they said as long as I was already there, I might as well stay.


So that was nice.

I admit it has been a little lonely around here, though.  It’s tough when there’s something missing that you're used to being there every day.

Like when a table you’re used to leaning against is suddenly not there and you find yourself falling on your…grass.

And you wonder…why is there a table on the grass?

But you also wonder when the table’s coming back…and if it’s bringing t-shirts and maybe a cap.

I think Esteban said something about Tuesday.

But, like I said, it was hard to hear over the steel drums.

But I hope so. 

I kinda miss that table.

Plus the services are good.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”