Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday Special – Home Alone






It seems like I’m home alone again for the next few days.

Z’s taken off for an extended weekend.

At least I think that’s what she said.

She might have said something else…I’m not sure now.


But I think she had a pretty big suitcase with her when I dropped her off at the airport.

So that’s a bit of a clue.


On the positive side, when I got home, the couch was still in the living room, and that’s usually a good indication she means to come back.

I’m assuming that it’ll just be for a few days.

I seem to recall that there’s some sort of family thing going on, somewhere out in the Midwest; so she’s out there visiting with her family, which is nice because it means her family isn’t visiting me.

Nah…I’m kidding. They’re all nice people and pretty good tippers, so I don’t mind it when they’re here.  They even talk to me now… …and some even know my first initial. Or at least they get it on the second try when they start at the beginning of the alphabet.  If they start at the end, then it takes a while.

Being on my own also means I get to do whatever I want all weekend…if I wanted to do anything….which I kind of don’t. 
Not after last year.

But if I did, I could do it…and no one can stop me.

Last year I rearranged the wall to wall carpeting and experimented with the plumbing.

But that’s all been rectified…for the most part.



The upstairs toilet can still be hit or miss.

This year I might experiment with the plants…and possibly the driveway.

I think it would look better on the other side of the house, closer to the door; right next to my neighbor’s.  Sure, I’ll probably have to move the big maple tree some, or carve out a tunnel.  But like I said…I have the whole weekend-plus.

The oddest thing is, Z hasn’t been gone for much more than a day and already some of those weird things are starting up, all over again, like last year.

The dirty clothes aren’t getting picked up off the floor…again…let alone coming back clean and folded.

I know….

The coffee maker isn’t making coffee in the morning…again.

And last night I waited for hours before I realized there was something wrong with the dinner machine…again.

I know….

But all in all it should be a pretty nice time for both Z and me.

I just wish I could figure out how to get the bed maker started.

And the guys in the police car parked out front seem nice.

Ever since that incident with the manhole cover, we have an understanding.

They even said they’d be keeping an eye on me.


Gotta love small town hospitality.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”