Friday, June 20, 2014

Taking it Easy





 
Summer Solstice...the actual start of summer, is tomorrow morning at 6:51 AM ET.


Which means, I'll probably miss the beginning, so feel free to start without me....with or without the Morris Dancers, Daffy Druids and Cloaked Mystics.

I'll catch up...hopefully by the human degradation ceremony, which I never like to miss.
 
I mean it's summer now, and I like to take it easy…especially in the summer.

Well…easier, anyway.

Because let’s face it, I have it pretty easy to begin with…especially with the Geishas I keep in the cellar.

Ha…just kidding. I don’t keep any Geishas in the cellar…they’re in the garage.

Bada Boom…thank you thank you thank you…I’ll be here all week….

But seriously….

I like to take it easy…especially in the summer.

Well…easier, anyway.

I mean who doesn’t?

Well, I guess Z. 
Z never takes it easy…always on the go go go.

I try to tell her re-shingling the roof isn’t necessary, at least not every month.

Every 6 months would be fine…and even that might be excessive.

Of course, this just annoys her and she snaps back, “It’s not like you can just go out and hire people to do it for you!”

And I guess she has a point.

And I suppose somebody has to mow the lawn, do the dishes…and the laundry, make the bed, load the dishwasher and…well it just makes me tired thinking about it all.

Especially in the summer…when I like to take it easy.

Well…easier, anyway.

There’s just something about warm days and soft nights, sitting on your back porch, cold beer and book in hand, the scent of Coppertone wafting on a breeze that just lends itself to easy living….

Despite the annoying racket one must endure because someone insists on power washing the garage on a beautiful afternoon.

But there's always grocery shopping that need to be done—because let’s face it, it’s not going to do itself—a nice off  premises, activity that provides a respite from power washers, sanders and high speed drilling…and since I insist on a very specific brand of marshmallow fluff, it can take hours by the time Z goes from store to store searching for it.

These days, I’m also taking a little more time to stop and smell the roses, if you know what I mean.

And why wouldn’t you know what I mean, because one, if I don’t stop, it’s almost impossible to get a good whiff…and two, what part of smelling the roses would you not understand?

Oh wait…these aren’t even roses. They’re something else altogether, called peonies, which to me look a lot like roses.

Because to me, daffodils look like roses...daisies look like roses, geraniums look like roses....


Get the idea?

Maybe not....

But that’s okay. I’m not in the least bothered. Mostly because I’m taking it easy…or easier…and besides, isn’t a rose by any other name really just one thing or another, anyway.

Or something like that...who knows?

Who cares?

Not me….

Know why?

Because I like to take it easy…especially in the summer.

Well…easier, anyway.

Because let’s face it, I have it pretty easy to begin with…especially with the Geishas I keep in the cellar.
 

 
____________________________________________________


If you enjoy the Retort, please click "Like" on the FLR Facebook Page
 

If you don't like it, please click the same button...but with a negative attitude.


Or you can just

Tolerate the Retorts on Facebook if "Like" is too much of a commitment



 on Twitter   
  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”