Friday, May 2, 2014

On my Own Again




 
 
 
I’m on another one of my long “Bachelor” weekends.

Yep, that time of year again when Z takes flight and heads off to Chicagoland for her annual fun, family visit.

And usually the family enjoys it too, once they figure out who she is and why she’s there…because let’s face it, Z’s a lot fun…and she’ll usually do the dishes.

So I’m here…alone…on my own…alone…here…right through Monday evening.

But don’t get me wrong…it’s not like I need handouts or anything…but I have cut a revolving slot in the front door for meal drop offs, if anyone is so inclined.

And, just in case, I’m leaving my dirty laundry in the clothes bin I’ve installed by the front stoop.

You know…in case anyone’s also so inclined.

There’s a separate opening for clean returns on the side, as well.

Because I like to be accommodating.

Just sayin….

But, no…seriously…there is a separate enclosure so the clean doesn’t get mixed with the dirty.

Nobody wants that….

Anyway, it’s not like I’m gonna have a lot of time sitting around here with nothing to do.

I’ve already turned the wall to wall carpeting over.  No sense letting one side go unused.

This way we can probably get another 10-20 years out of it.

And I think the new skylight I installed in the basement, or will finish installing by Monday, once I can piece the drop ceiling back together will be cool.

I just have to cut out the holes on the other two floors, too…plus the attic.

But of course it’s not gonna be all work and no play for this Bachelor Buckaroo…no sir.

Maybe I’ll head back up to that crazy dance club out by the airport that I went to a couple of years ago.

Remember this pic?

Okay…I have to confess…I doctored it.

It’s not really as it appears.

I had to add the woman...and all the other people...because for some reason they made me dance alone on a separate dance floor...next door.

Not sure why?

I think it had something to do with occupancy laws.

At least that’s what they told me.

But I still had fun, so maybe I’ll go back.

Maybe this time they’ll even play some music for me.

“Burn Baby Burn…”

Sorry…didn’t mean to get carried away…but can you blame me?

Of course I’m also gonna need to set some time aside for Freddie, my best pal.


Freddie’s been dropping by for years…at least after I call the place where he works and order a peperoni pizza.

And he must really look forward to it, because he usually shows up within the hour…pizza in hand.

Okay, sure, he does ask me to pay for it…with a 30% tip on top…but then he always comes in, has a few brew-skis, scarfs down a few slices and watches the game with me for a while.  

And it’s not like he’s doing it only for the pepperoni.

Sometimes we’ll have sausage and pepper…you know, just for a change.

So I better get cracking…there’s lots to get done before Monday.



The washing machine isn’t gonna reassemble itself.

I’m hoping to increase the speed of the spin cycle and soup up the agitation torque ratio.


Okay…that’s not true. I have no idea what agitation torque ratio is.  I just thought it sounded good and figured I could slip it in there.

I just took out the original agitator thingie and glued on a few garden trowels to give it a little more cleaning power.  

And I’m hoping by the second or third cycle most of the caked on dirt will pretty much fall away.

Yeah…I know…it gets a little lonely on my own, even with Freddie. But I’ve been going on-line a lot and meeting a whole lot of interesting new people.

And it’s actually been kind of a blessing in disguise because most of them are pretty down on their luck…so I’ve been sending them some money...but not more than they ask for…for the most part..

Okay, I know what you’re thinking.

I’m really not that dumb…

It’s not like I’m constantly sitting here writing out checks to everyone looking for  a handout.

Some of them have shown me how to make direct deposits directly into their on-line accounts.

So it actually is pretty convenient.

And I’m just glad I can help out a little.

In fact, one of them has it set up so I don’t even have to do anything.  They can just go in and take what they need when they need it.

See…people aren’t really as bad as most of us want to make them out to be.

Gotta go…Freddie’s here and he’s having trouble finding where I moved my spare cash envelope.

I guess I should’ve told him earlier when he was straightening out Z’s jewelry box….

 

 
___________________________________________________
If you enjoy the Retort, do me a favor and click on the "Like" button, up top on the right (PC's only), or "Like" the FLR Facebook Pagehere. Things have picked up considerably from a week ago and now with a few more "Likes" I'm hoping to cash in on the sea monkey aquarium.  

If you don't like it, please click the same button...but with a negative attitude. Thanks....


Or Now you can just

 Tolerate the Retorts on Facebook
"Like" is much too much of a commitment—

 

3 comments:

  1. i will send over the wookie.... she is terrific company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet she is... Does she cook?

      Delete
    2. wookies dont cook... they eat and sleep. and play and bark.

      Delete

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”