Friday, October 5, 2012

Slacking Friday







It’s Friday, and what better day is there to kick back and slack off than Friday?

Well, I suppose Thursday’s good too…

Wednesday…well we don’t’ really need to mention Wednesday’s intentions, do we?

Tuesday…I mean who cares about Tuesday.

Monday…come on…does anyone jump right in on Monday?

But it’s Friday, so we’ll just deal with that.

I really have nothing to write about, being a Friday and all.

I suppose I could fill some space talking about the article I saw a while back about what type of things you shouldn’t buy used.

Things like baby cribs…car seats…swimsuits…cameras….

All of which make sense, especially on a Friday.

If I had to add a few things of my own to the list of things never to buy used I suppose I would have to say, underwear.

Used underwear would just be odd.

Sandwiches are another; I almost never buy used sandwiches…unless it’s a bologna sandwich, with or without cheese.

I mean really…what difference does it make if bologna is new or used?

Who can tell from bologna?

Used Band-Aid’s are probably not a good idea.

I have enough trouble with fresh Band-Aids.

Used soap is another.

Used water…right there along with the soap.

Used Fruit….

Ice cream….

Bagels….

Cereal.

Basically any kind of food product.

Except broccoli and any kind of white vegetable…not sure why.

So don’t ask.

Friday…remember?


Used cars are okay, but I’m skeptical about used car salesmen.

I mean would you want a car salesman that you didn’t know from whence he came?

Not me.

People get used animals all the time….dogs, cats, ferrets.

In fact they should be applauded for it.

But no one wants a used car salesman…or a used salesman of any kind.

Used chewing gum is probably not a great idea…or candy of any sort.

But then we’re treading dangerously close to the food line again, which has already been covered.

But again…Friday….

Anyway, a lot of people swear by used things.

Thrifts stores are very popular.

Some people like to rummage through other’s people’s old things…the older the better.

I guess I could see that.  A jacket or hat from the 20‘s or 30’s would be kind of cool.

And I did score my Ninja Turtles pajamas at a garage sale. They’re a little worn in the seat but otherwise still pretty sound…except for the hole in the right foot

So all in all I guess it's just a matter of taste as to what we consider an acceptable used item.

In fact if someone wanted to use this blog post and make it their own…I’m okay with that.

I’m sure you’ll give it a good home.

Any takers for a used blog post?

I’ve got plenty to spare here.

Make this story your own?

Anyone…anyone?

Yeah…I don’t blame you.

Why bother?

It’s Friday.
 
Slacking Friday....
 
 





2 comments:

  1. Friday. You keep leading us down the used stuff primrose path until we forget what day it is. Then you pop Friday up, just as a reminder. How about used money? TGIF and all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a problem with used money. Feel free to send any used money you'd like to get rid of...

      Delete

Retort to the Retort -

“Is there anybody alive out there…”